Friday, January 5, 2018

Going backwards to go forward

©2018 Barry Smith - Rusted double cog on the rust table
I admit it - my outside metal piles were out of control. There was too much rusted steel, copper and brass sheet metal and too many metal objects that were all jumbled together.

I decided that it was time to really select those pieces that would turn into art works; and send the rest to be recycled by others.

Below are a couple of images of what will be sent to the recyclers - including 5 years of silver-plated copper and brass offcuts I have not been able to use in my work.

©2018 Barry Smith - Some of the pile to go to the metal recyclers
©2018 Barry Smith - Buckets of silver-plated offcuts and discards 
And these are some images of some of the rusted steel objects that will be incorporated into sculptures.
©2018 Barry Smith - Gorgeous pieces on the rust table
©2018 Barry Smith
©2018 Barry Smith
©2018 Barry Smith
©2018 Barry Smith - Shelf under the rust table
©2018 Barry Smith - BBQ burners and roller bearings
And a couple of images of selected copper and brass sheet metal and brass and copp[er objects.

©2018 Barry Smith - Cut up copper and brass fireplace hoods
©2018 Barry Smith - Ornate pieces from Jardinieres
©2018 Barry Smith - Small section of my copper pipe stash
I feel I'm now in a much better position to make decisions about future works. I will finish with a photo of a favourite rusted cog.


©2018 Barry Smith - Beautiful rust

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.