Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A vibrant morning

©2018 Barry Smith - A circle of flowerettes within a flower
I'm always amazed that the same walk on Wednesday morning can always deliver new surprises. This morning I was just taken by: the blue of the sky, the strength of structure of the Satin Bowerbird's bower, bright blossoms and vibrant birds.

I will just share some of the beauty in the sequence I experienced them - apart from the detail of one of the flowers shared above.

©2018 Barry Smith - Tiny pink sun worshiper
©2018 Barry Smith - Satin Bowerbird's bower
©2018 Barry Smith - Touched by early morning sun
©2018 Barry Smith - Grevillea unfolding
©2018 Barry Smith - Seed pod on the road - stripped of its blossom and seed - looking like a miniature basket (about 1cm) 
©2018 Barry Smith - Fragile beauty
©2018 Barry Smith - Bunya Nuts by the vriadside
©2018 Barry Smith - Detail of Bunya Nut 
©2018 Barry Smith - Bougainvillea reaching up into the blue
©2018 Barry Smith - Two Butcher Birds in full song
©2018 Barry Smith - Rainbow Lorikeet feasting on Bottle Brush blossom
©2018 Barry Smith - Sun through a fallen leaf on the road
No wonder I came home with a smile and lift in my spirit.


2 comments:

  1. Walking the land always leaves me feeling lighter ... but I must say if we had flora and fauna like this, my feet wouldn't be touching the ground for the sheer beauty of it all. Of course, it doesn't hurt a bit that you are a master of iPhoneography ... thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.