Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Images from Seasons

Whilst in Melbourne recently Fiona and I grabbed an hour to briefly check out the Vangogh exhibition Seasons at NGV. I was amazed that we were allowed to take photos of the works - with out flash of course. I share a few fragments from the exhibition.













The works in this post simply share the brilliance of a man who produced so much art (900 paintings); and I believe sold one painting during his life. It reinforces the old saying for many of us artists - don't give up your day job.

2 comments:

  1. Such lusciously tactile images. Saw some in Amsterdam and was blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! So good you got to see the Van Gogh exhibit! As I mature as an artist, I must say his work becomes more and more astonishing. As I was scrolling down your photos, I was thinking about how he never knew how appreciated he would be. Sad to think about that. But such glorious work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.