Sunday, April 16, 2017

School of Funky Fish off to Goondiwindi

Once again I'm entering a 3D piece of work in the Open Section of the Aspects Art Show (2017) in Goondiwindi.

I got the work finished on Wednesday and then realised that I really should post it on Thursday if it was to arrive in Goondiwindi on time given that the Easter break was going to eat into transport time.

The photos below show the work - 7 different sized fish forms made from recycled fragments of various silver-plated trays and a couple of large brass jardinieres. The fish forms are attached to brass tubing rods and set into a section of salvaged native River Oak timber.

©2016 Barry Smith - School of Funky Fish - front view
©2016 Barry Smith - School of Funky Fish - top view with installation numbers in place

©2016 Barry Smith - School of Funky Fish - front view - of the smallest fish
©2016 Barry Smith - School of Funky Fish - front view - of the leaders
The sculpture represents fresh water fish in the rivers and creeks of western Queensland - hence the River Oak timber. The whole piece (timber and 7 fish forms) was wrapped in copious amounts of bubble wrap and brown paper. A nice sturdy parcel (about 1m long and 5.5 kg) sent through Australia Post.


Doing the packing and sending was on my work list for next week - so I guess I'm ahead there.


4 comments:

  1. Barry, I can't tell you how much I love your fish! Oh, my goodness, they are wonderful! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.

    Brilliant works.
    Thank you for your visiting always.

    I wish You all the best.
    Greeting and hug.

    From Japan, ruma ❃

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.