Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Filaments and fragments

A few days of rain followed by heat and sunshine is all it takes for nature to go ballistic. I believe I can hear the grass and weeds growing on the block; as well as all the flowers and fruits or course.

©2017 Barry Smith - Detail of a common passionfruit flower
On my walk this morning I was particularly aware of the delicate flower filaments, small-micro  flowers and fragments of colour.

©2017 Barry Smith
©2017 Barry Smith
©2017 Barry Smith
©2017 Barry Smith
©2017 Barry Smith - Pink clusters of micro blossoms
©2017 Barry Smith - Bit of micro purple
©2017 Barry Smith - Light and texture of a weed's flower
©2017 Barry Smith
©2017 Barry Smith
©2017 Barry Smith - Petals on a painted fence railing
©2017 Barry Smith - Colour in the wet grass
I think I have commented in the past that one of the things I like about the iPhone camera is that it not only encourages me to pause and look more closely at nature and texture; but also it actually magnifies the small details and enables me to see what I normally would be able to with the naked eye.

Beauty to behold on a cool Wednesday morning!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a dazzling riot of colour you found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos as usual Barry. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy these photos are, Barry! The delicacy and the colours make my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. F, P and C - thanks for your shared appreciation of the textures and colours - nature offers us so much - glad we can open our eyes to it and let the beauty seep into our spirits. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.