Sunday, August 21, 2016

A new direction in resin

At the official opening of Entangle Living Art's gallery-shop in Dayboro one of the owners Nola asked if I would make some resin cufflinks and key-rings to complement the resin jewellery I had taken down for the opening.

©2016 Barry Smith - Resin and watch part cufflinks
I have made 6 pairs of the cufflinks and made a few resin brass circles for the key-rings. I started the cuff link process using flat and square or rectangular cufflinks that Fiona's dad had bequeathed to me. Small watch parts were set in the resin. I taped a small frame around each cufflink to hold the resin. After letting them to dry for a day and a half I sanded them into shape. A few photos of the individual pairs follow.

©2016 Barry Smith - Resin and watch part cufflinks
©2016 Barry Smith - Resin and watch part cufflinks


©2016 Barry Smith - Resin and watch part cufflinks

And a photo of the brass circles also with resin and with parts.

©2016 Barry Smith - Resin and watch part key-ring parts
Whilst the resin dried I did some preparation for the citizen's festival we will participate in when we go to Japan for the exhibition in October. I'm making 100 flat brass leaf blanks for metal stamping and 100 small brass tags. But more on that another time


4 comments:

  1. Your resin creations look fantastic Barry!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the contrast of the round bits inside a square or rectangle.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've mastered the resin, Barry! These look great...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi GB, S & C - thanks for taking the time to visit the blog and leave a comment. GB - love your comment given the interesting creative nature of your work. S - circles with squares - thanks for your observation - I deliberately chose the square and rectangular cuff links to up cycle. C - not sure about the catering comment - but it is fun. All - peace and joy. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.