Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Friends of the feathers etc

A friend and fellow artist bought a pair of my metal feather earrings and wanted a feather for a pendant. And of course with these things though I had been given width and length you are never sure just what the person is looking for. So in the end I made 5 feather forms; 3 for her to choose from; and she was delighted with one.

The beaten feather forms look as follows…

©2013 Barry Smith - Feather forms
©2013 Barry Smith - Feather forms
I had a request to make a couple of ladles for another artist friend. So I thought I would make four so I could offer her the best options. The first stage of ladle making is to create exquisite small bowls - in this instance one small deeper bowl and three shallower bowl forms.

©2013 Barry Smith - Bowl forms for  ladles
Blogger is playing up and I can't load many photos - so will need to give an update another time. Now I need to bring the bowls and handles together - a little riveting to happen - maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! looking lovely so far! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi A - well you will not have too long to wait before they are on your doorstep. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.